What is dental prosthetics?
Prosthetics is the part of dentistry that deals with the morpho-functional and aesthetic restoration of the oral cavity with the help of a biocompatible prosthesis.
In our clinic you benefit from the competence and vast experience of our doctors and from a close collaboration with the best dental laboratories in order to be able to offer you all types of prosthetic works:
- Ceramic inlays or onlays: high quality prosthetic works, which restore the integrity of the tooth, with aesthetics and durability superior to any type of fillings and with the preservation of pre-existing dental structures
- zirconium dental works – very aesthetic, resistant, biocompatible material. Unlike the classic ceramic works, being a very resistant material, it can be used without metal support and in the rear areas. It is not pulp irritant and has an increased biocompatibility. It is a totally bioinert material. It can be used both for making a single crown and for making a dental bridge, also due to the increased resistance. It is used for particularly aesthetic works in both the anterior and posterior areas.
- Ceramic veneers – These are the most physiognomic restorations, but also the most delicate. They are advantageous because they require minor grinding of the outer surface of the teeth (0.6mm), preserving the vitality of the teeth. They are very physiognomic, having no metal infrastructure; the restored teeth will not show black shadows in the vicinity of the gum. The ceramic veneers respect the texture and translucency of the natural teeth, offering the best aesthetic result
- Overimplantation – dental implants do not sacrifice the integrity of neighboring teeth because these teeth no longer have dental support. Your healthy teeth are not affected in any way, which is to the benefit of your oral health, with maximum satisfaction, similar to natural teeth.
- Ceramic or metal-ceramic physiognomic bridges – give excellent aesthetics and function to the dental arch, using the supporting teeth as support
- Classic skeletal prostheses or with special systems for maintenance, support and stabilization – offers the comfort of a fixed work for patients with extensive edentations, respectively with many missing teeth
- Ceramic and metal-ceramic crowns – restore the functionality of an excessively decayed tooth or to replace an existing crown. The purpose of a dental crown is to cover a problem tooth with a specially created material that restores the appearance and function of the tooth in question. At Mirdent-Dental Studio we offer a variety of conservative treatment options for restoring teeth, which we discuss and analyze with patients and dental technicians before final selection of the full coverage crown.